Wings of Fire RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A roleplaying site based off of the Wings of Fire series by Tui T. Sutherland. Dive into the world of Pyrrhia and sail through the skies with your fellow dragons.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Making Your Character - The Dos and Don'ts [please read before submitting a character!]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
catoptrophobic cat
Admin
Admin
catoptrophobic cat

Making Your Character - The Dos and Don'ts [please read before submitting a character!] Empty
PostSubject: Making Your Character - The Dos and Don'ts [please read before submitting a character!]   Making Your Character - The Dos and Don'ts [please read before submitting a character!] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Like rules for general roleplaying, character creation rules are important too! Here are some tips, tricks, and... well, ways to not get your character rejected!

1. Naming your character. One big thing you need to keep in mind when making a character is that the name has to relate to their tribe. For example, the name Winter is a good IceWing name, since it is often cold and snowy during winter.
    Common Tribe Names (thanks to Pyrrhia on Instagram!)
    IceWings - Arctic flora and fauna or mountains
    MudWings - Things found in wetlands or colors
    NightWings - Two-part names often meant to be ominous or scary.
    RainWings - Rainforest plants and animals or words that mean beautiful
    SandWings - Flora and fauna of the desert or words for extreme heat
    SkyWings - Shades of red, birds, or red gemstones
    SeaWings - Life found in bodies of water

2. Gender and preference. This website isn't a book series aimed at ten-year-olds that could be banned from shelves if they portray gay or transgender dragons. Non-binary, genderfluid, transgender, gay, pansexual, and anything else you can think of is allowed! Feel free to ask if you don't understand one or more of these terms.

3. Choosing a tribe. Choosing a tribe can be pretty difficult, but remember that each of the tribes has different abilities and flaws. Since this is far in the future, dragons originating from one tribe sometimes grow up in another. NOTE: hybrids can only be bought in the store!
    List of Strengths and Weaknesses
    IceWings - Can withstand subzero temperatures and bright lights, have hooked claws for gripping, can breathe frostbreath. Hot environments can prevent use of frostbreath.
    MudWings - Great strength, can breathe fire, can blend in to mud, can regenerate in mud, can hold their breath for 60 minutes, can be born with complete heat resistance.
    NightWings - Can become nearly invisible in shadows, can breathe fire, only dragons that can have mind powers, venomous saliva that affects prey, strong sense of smell.
    RainWings - Can change scale and eye color, prehensile tails, acidic black venom that only affects living things. Lazy in the sunlight, emotions can affect scale color.
    SandWings - Can breathe fire, scorpion tails, can survive long without water or in strong heat, emit a moderate heat from scales. Fire only works in warm areas.
    SkyWings - Superior combat skills, can fly faster than any other tribe, can breathe large amounts of fire at great temperatures, higher cardiovascular endurance. Can sometimes be born with too much fire.
    SeaWings - Can breathe underwater, can see in the dark, superior swimming skills, powerful tails, bio-luminescent scales can attract fish. Can be driven insane by water deprivation.

4. A few extra tips. These are just extra bits, but they're the most important!
    • Powers and hybrid dragons can only be purchased in the official store.
    • Ranks higher than commoner can only be obtained by submitting your form to "Rule a Kingdom - Apply for a High Rank Here!"
    • Nonbinary dragons will identify as simply "none" dragons.
    • Don't make your characters overpowered mary sues.

That's it for now! Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by catoptrophobic cat on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://wingsoffirerpg.rpg-board.net
ValorNightwing
Hatchling
Hatchling
ValorNightwing

Making Your Character - The Dos and Don'ts [please read before submitting a character!] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Your Character - The Dos and Don'ts [please read before submitting a character!]   Making Your Character - The Dos and Don'ts [please read before submitting a character!] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 3:45 pm

I just wanted to put in that for NightWings, they can also have names that are abstract nouns. Take names like Greatness, Vengeance, and Wisdom. (Fearless isn't really a noun, and their name is more of an anomaly than anything else, but they should be counted too.) So while the two-part name is usually the way to go, this is also an acceptable way for NightWings to be named, it seems.
Back to top Go down
catoptrophobic cat
Admin
Admin
catoptrophobic cat

PostSubject: Re: Making Your Character - The Dos and Don'ts [please read before submitting a character!]   Making Your Character - The Dos and Don'ts [please read before submitting a character!] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 3:55 pm

True. I'm going to be pretty flexible on names, though. As long as you don't name your SeaWing Frank and your NightWing Awesomesauce, it's probably okay. It should also be related to their tribe, of course, though I'm being flexible on that too - names that originate from related words are okay.
Back to top Go down
https://wingsoffirerpg.rpg-board.net
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Making Your Character - The Dos and Don'ts [please read before submitting a character!]   Making Your Character - The Dos and Don'ts [please read before submitting a character!] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:13 pm

Thank you for clearing that up with the genders. Usually on the fanon wiki they don't care about gays or things like that. I'm starting to like this place now. Super Yes Dragon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making Your Character - The Dos and Don'ts [please read before submitting a character!]   Making Your Character - The Dos and Don'ts [please read before submitting a character!] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making Your Character - The Dos and Don'ts [please read before submitting a character!]
Page 1 of 1