Wings of Fire RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A roleplaying site based off of the Wings of Fire series by Tui T. Sutherland. Dive into the world of Pyrrhia and sail through the skies with your fellow dragons.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RULES - Please read before posting!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
catoptrophobic cat
Admin
Admin
catoptrophobic cat

RULES - Please read before posting! Empty
PostSubject: RULES - Please read before posting!   RULES - Please read before posting! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 4:37 pm

All right, before you start roleplaying, I need to set down some rules! Listen closely!

1. Please help out any people who are new - to the site, to roleplaying, or even to Wings of Fire!
    DO: P1 - I don't think that's how the game works. It looks like you're pretty new to the site. Do you need some help?
    DON'T: P2 - Hey, what do you think you're doing!? You can't do that! Mods, ban them!

2. No trolling, nagging, complaining, fighting, or any other sort of drama. This applies to OOC (Out of character) ONLY! Jerk characters are perfectly fine.
    DO: P1 - Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that was the case. Let's stop fighting and return to roleplaying.
    DON'T: P2 - LOL, whatever loser, I don't care what you have to say. I'm going to make up something about you so you get banned.

3. Don't godmode. This refers to when players make their characters invincible or do something to another's character without giving them the opportunity to react.
    DO: P1 - Jerkdragon growled. "Silence, prisoner!" They darted forwards, trying to give Saddragon a warning slash across the nose.
    DON'T: P2 - Strongdragon gave a roar of rage and dodged Enemydragon's attack with ease. They flew forward at a speed too fast for Enemydragon to react and tore out their throat.

4. No doubt kids younger than 13 will come on the site, so be aware of this. Please keep all scenes PG-13 (this refers to both sexual and gory situations) and do not cuss IC. Minor cussing is allowed OOC.
    DO: P1 - I hate roleplaying on this laptop so damn much! It's super laggy.
    DON'T: P2 - LOL, those ****ing rules are so stupid. How about we have our characters [censored]? Winky Dragon

5. Please don't attack anyone who isn't following the rules. At the most, sending them a calm message that what they're doing is problematic is only allowed if you are certain that it is the right thing to do.
    DO: P1 - P2, that OOC post you just made is really aggressive and full of cussing. Please don't do that.
    DON'T: P2 - WTH? P1 is sending me hate! Send them death threats until they leave the site for good!

These are all the rules for now! Please suggest more so we can make the site a fun and safe place!
For rules on character creation, click here. [link to be added]
Back to top Go down
https://wingsoffirerpg.rpg-board.net
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: RULES - Please read before posting!   RULES - Please read before posting! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 5:31 pm

I think I understand the rules. Dragon Smile
Can I start RPing now?
Back to top Go down
catoptrophobic cat
Admin
Admin
catoptrophobic cat

PostSubject: Re: RULES - Please read before posting!   RULES - Please read before posting! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 6:38 pm

Sure!
Back to top Go down
AdelieQueen
Hatchling
Hatchling
AdelieQueen

PostSubject: Re: RULES - Please read before posting!   RULES - Please read before posting! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 2:46 am

I'm just brainstorming stuff that might come up in future; I saw a few of these issues on back when I lurked on Pokemon boards.

I would suggest making rules for the Creativity Forum and posting them as a locked board (if possible).
Having a rule that you must use the spoiler code to hide mature work might be a good idea because it will let users browse when they don't feel up to seeing that sort of thing (and also rules on clearly labelling what the mature work is; e.g "gore", "blood", or other things that can be considered triggering).
This could conflict with using spoilers to shorten boards that feature multiple fan fictions though, so it's something to think about.

How long do users have to wait before they are allowed to post spoilers un-tagged when a new book comes out:

Rules on OOC talk while in the RP forums: do they HAVE to private message, or can they use ~tags like this to indicate that they're out of character~? How many posts can they post completely OOC before they have to move it to private messages?

Purchasing powers with earned gold is something you've added; it may be good to also make a "shop" where characters can purchase weapons, accessories, or other useful things so that they don't end up with ray-guns or an extremely overpowered weapon.

I would also suggest that we make a compiled list (or at least link to a list) of all the commonly used in-world slang (scavenger = human). Also perhaps allow others to add to a list of acceptable forum slang that wasn't actually in the books but fits in-universe (this might help stop too much real-world swearing).

Last edited by AdelieQueen on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarity and a typo)
Back to top Go down
catoptrophobic cat
Admin
Admin
catoptrophobic cat

PostSubject: Re: RULES - Please read before posting!   RULES - Please read before posting! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 4:08 pm

These are all good ideas! They should use tags to indicate OOC, yeah. Also, for the weapons shop thing, those things are mostly okay, though they should get those weapons in-game somehow. Overpowered weapons or abilities should be reported to mods. I'll add that as a rule to the character creation guidelines. The rest I'll be working on!
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: RULES - Please read before posting!   RULES - Please read before posting! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 5:20 pm

Hm, so you have to create a character using guidelines?
Back to top Go down
AdelieQueen
Hatchling
Hatchling
AdelieQueen

PostSubject: Re: RULES - Please read before posting!   RULES - Please read before posting! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 7:46 pm

Character guidelines in roleplay forums are mostly to keep characters balanced and believable Dragon Smile So it should be fine once they're set up!

And I'm glad you liked my suggestions! I hope they help out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RULES - Please read before posting!   RULES - Please read before posting! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RULES - Please read before posting!
Page 1 of 1