Wings of Fire RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A roleplaying site based off of the Wings of Fire series by Tui T. Sutherland. Dive into the world of Pyrrhia and sail through the skies with your fellow dragons.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Edge of Winter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ValorNightwing
Hatchling
Hatchling
ValorNightwing

The Edge of Winter Empty
PostSubject: The Edge of Winter   The Edge of Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 6:26 pm

If it wasn't for the frost forming on her wings, she'd have landed an hour ago. But the chill and constant downpour of either snow or hail made it nearly impossible for the already vision-impaired dragon to see, and so she flew high, scouting for any sign of land.

"You got yourself into a real mess with this one, Valor," she said as she flew alone in the sky. Or, at least, she felt alone. There could have been a hundred dragons hiding in the blinding mist of cloud and ice and she'd have been none the wiser. The NightWing of purest white was flying in tight circles now, craning her head down as far as she could, scanning for land. Even casting some fire-breath to shine a light couldn't help.

"If there's anyone out there willing to help a dragon land," Valor called out, "I'd really appreciate it!"
Back to top Go down
catoptrophobic cat
Admin
Admin
catoptrophobic cat

The Edge of Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Edge of Winter   The Edge of Winter I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 9:56 pm

Poudrin was moving silently across the landscape, his wings easily supporting his abnormally small body. The IceWing's white irises pinpointed a strange movement in the blizzard. At first he thought it was a dragon, but not even the clearest scales gave that effect. So what was it?
He followed it for several minutes until it called for help. So it was a dragon! He beat his wings harder until he caught up with them. "What's your name?" He could now see two oddly pale blue eyes. We 're they a RainWing, maybe?
Back to top Go down
https://wingsoffirerpg.rpg-board.net
ValorNightwing
Hatchling
Hatchling
ValorNightwing

The Edge of Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Edge of Winter   The Edge of Winter I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:05 pm

Valor's breath began to grow labored, her body slowly getting more and more exhausted with each wing flap. Her ears flicked as she heard the sound of wingbeats other than her own, and she turned to face the other dragon. She guessed it must be an IceWing, considering where she was, but she couldn't really see. "My name is Valor!" she called out to him, shouting to be heard over the storm. "I need help - I can't see the ground, so I can't land! Could you guide me to it? I'd be really grateful!"

A wild burst of wind buffeted the NightWing in the side, nearly toppling her over. As she worked to regain her balance, she added, "I can work, too! I can fix things, I can build things, I can cook things - I can do anything! Just, please, help me get down from here!"
Back to top Go down
catoptrophobic cat
Admin
Admin
catoptrophobic cat

The Edge of Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Edge of Winter   The Edge of Winter I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 4:41 pm

Poudrin hesitated. He had had... trust issues, to say the least, in light of recent events. Still, he couldn't deny them help.
The IceWing sighed and looked down, scanning the ground below. He glanced over stretches of thin ice and giant snowbanks. Finally, his eyes fell on what he was certain was a bit of land with little snow covering it. "Over here," he yelled back, angling his wings towards the patch of snow.
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

The Edge of Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Edge of Winter   The Edge of Winter I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 4:54 pm

Hidden away from the two dragon's sites was Frozen the IceWing. She was Poudrin's sister and watched him carefully as he gestured to the NightWing. What was her silly brother doing? and what was this NightWing doing all the way here in the IceWing kingdom?

She had to figure out what Poudrin was doing with this NightWing.
Back to top Go down
ValorNightwing
Hatchling
Hatchling
ValorNightwing

The Edge of Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Edge of Winter   The Edge of Winter I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 4:55 pm

Valor flew after the dragon, pushing herself to stay in the air. Just a little farther, little farther... she kept telling herself. It was hard to see the other dragon, but she could hear his wings flapping, and so she craned her ears towards the sound, keeping sure to follow his every move.

"You're sure it's safe?" she called out to him.
Back to top Go down
catoptrophobic cat
Admin
Admin
catoptrophobic cat

The Edge of Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Edge of Winter   The Edge of Winter I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 6:32 pm

"Don't worry," he replied, trying to keep worry out of his voice. Of course he couldn't be certain that it wasn't a depression in the ground full of snow, or a patch of ice hidden under an abundance of flakes. "Just fly where I do."
Back to top Go down
ValorNightwing
Hatchling
Hatchling
ValorNightwing

The Edge of Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Edge of Winter   The Edge of Winter I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 6:34 pm

"All right, if you say so." Valor kept in close behind him. Her wings were starting to burn. How much longer could she keep this up? All the while, the vicious storm raged on, buffeting the two dragons with snow and hail. It stung her face and made her eyes water. Three moons, let's hit solid ground soon!
Back to top Go down
catoptrophobic cat
Admin
Admin
catoptrophobic cat

The Edge of Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Edge of Winter   The Edge of Winter I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:11 pm

It wasn't much farther to the bit of land now. Poudrin wondered how far Valor had been flying. Would they be able to make it there?
Finally, they reached the land. Poudrin began to bank steeply. "Come on!" he yelled, hoping Valor could see where he was, or at least hear him.
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

The Edge of Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Edge of Winter   The Edge of Winter I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Frozen stayed in the air worried that landing will cause the two to hear her. What in Three moons is he doing? We are in a war with the NightWings and Poudrin isn't making it better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Edge of Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Edge of Winter   The Edge of Winter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Edge of Winter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wings of Fire RPG :: Pyrrhia :: Ice Kingdom-
Jump to: