Wings of Fire RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A roleplaying site based off of the Wings of Fire series by Tui T. Sutherland. Dive into the world of Pyrrhia and sail through the skies with your fellow dragons.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sculpting in the Sun

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

Sculpting in the Sun Empty
PostSubject: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 11:13 am

Mirage was settled on the sandy ground, grasping an object in her left talons. The SandWing's optics narrowed as she concentrated on a basking figure for the fifth time. Once again she lifted the item she clenched, contrasting it with the entity she was observing. 'Not quite right...' She thought, dismayed. The rattlesnake's tongue flicked out as if it were just sensing the dragon's presence, however, it returned to its laze. Mirage sent a cloud of smoke billowing into the sky as she sighed in relief. 'Good, it didn't leave.' For about an hour she'd been attempting to carve a snake. She had had the brilliant concept of finding one alive and begin her etching. Yet... It had been more difficult then she had anticipated. The reptile shifted its position once and a while, forcing the dragon to restart. 'I can't just kill it... I'm not even hungry!' Mirage twitched her barbed tail, chiseling a strange, pointed tool into the rock. Dust drifted into the sand as she continued her laborious work.
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 3:47 pm

Another SandWing suddenly came out of nowhere and pounced on the snake. He dug his talons into its scales and hit its side with his barbed tail. Um… Finally I can eat! He thought.
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:04 pm

"What in the Three Moons!" Mirage suddenly shouted, aiming her tail at the dragon's chest. However, once she took note it was a SandWing, she relaxed... Somewhat.
She flattened her ears in annoyance, looking around to see if any more of her tribe was in close proximity. When her optics caught no sign of movement, she returned to glare at the SandWing.
"I was using that snake for my carving!" She stated rather bitterly. "Who are you, anyways?" Her tail thumped back onto the sand and she wondered if one of her brothers, Drought or Black Blizzard, had sent this dragon to ruin her etching.
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:07 pm

"Oh um…" The SandWing moved uncomfortably.
"You mean you wanted the snake um… sorry for that… ummm."
He shuffled again, "The name is Desert um… Prince Desert the um… fifth."
He slowly then put the snake to the ground.
Maybe she wants to eat it herself. Oh why did I have to tell her I was a prince? Maybe she might ruin everything!
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:14 pm

Mirage cocked her had in confusion. ...A prince? Out here?
She got to her paws, her tail flicking uncomfortably fast. "Take the snake," she muttered, eyeing him with suspicion. Her black eyes flickered in the sunlight as she withdrew her tool from the gray rock. Mirage allowed it to drop to the ground, revealing a beautiful, half finished engraving of the snake she had been viewing. The female dragon shrugged, somewhat dismayed. "I was trying to catch the life-spark in its eyes," she said rather slowly. "But now it's dead..."
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:19 pm

"Oh um… well um…"
Desert couldn't get the words out. The SandWing before him looked so sad. Maybe he can repay her somehow? At least she didn't say much about him being a Prince. Desert swirled his head side to side looking for any other dragons.
"Well um… I know a place that is full of snakes. It's um… not far from here."
If she refuses and goes away I still won't be uncovered. But if I taker her with me would she still ask questions why I'm here? Oh WHY DID I SAY I'M A PRINCE? Desert now knew that to hide his identity he would now have to be on the low down and probably change his name and identity.
Hot? Cactus? Lizard? Beetle? Smolder?-
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:33 pm

Was it just her... Or was this dragon acting considerably strange? She continued eyeing him with wariness. She perked up at his stuttering suggestion. Could he possibly take her to where there were more snakes? Nonetheless, her barbed tail stiffened as she prepared an assault if he did give a move to attack. 'Act calm, Mirage,' she told herself. She shifted her stance to the point her tail vanished from the other dragon's view. 'If he were to attack, which way would he do so? Connect with my shoulder, chest or heart? I have to be careful; I can't just trust a random dragon which appears before me. Especially one who killed my snake...' All these thoughts came to her in a mere instant, which made it seem that nothing was amiss. She straightened, nodding her head. Mirage grasped at the necklace around her neck, making contact with the carved sun she had made. She often did this in a sign of good luck. With that, she tightened her stash which contained other rocks she had collected before nodding. "Please do show me," she stated politely, keeping her misgivings out of her tone.
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:47 pm

Desert beamed. Maybe he will pay her back for attacking her snake. Desert smiled, "Yeah sure!" He looked around. Now where am I? If I am at the Burning Crescent and the sun is there… It must be that way! Oh… I wish the stars where out. Then it'll be so much easier. "Umm… This way." Desert went North pretty sure that this was the right direction. He left the snake behind and his stomach rumbled. He was never good at hunting practice with his dad and got a bad grade when it came to it. The snake was his first meal in days. Oh well… he can always go to the snake den he found and try to get some there.

Maybe he should go back home? Not run anymore? He didn't like this life anyway.

"Oh um… anyway, what is your name?"
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:59 pm

She glanced at him skeptically, lagging slightly behind. 'He won't be able to reach me as quick if he actually does show any aggression... By then, I would already have my tail lodged in his head...' Mirage blinked as he spoke his inquiry. She hesitated, processing what he had said. She had been so caught up on thinking that she had nearly missed the question. "Oh... I'm Mirage," she stated carefully. The dragon continued after him, pondering what he had said before. Was he actually a prince...? She didn't quite recall the any Princes by that name. To clear up her puzzlement, she inquired, "And you said you were Prince Desert back there, right?" She put a bit of emphasis on the word 'prince.'
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 5:28 pm

"Oh um… No that is not my name… Um… actually I'm not a prince and um… yeah my name is Desert but I um… am… um…"
Desert stuttered. His cover will be blown! Just for trying to eat a snake. "Well um…" What will he say? He was so confused at even his own words. Maybe he should just let it out. But when he looked back at Marage he could see her tense ready for a fight. He remembered his father's fighting lessons and rehearsed them in his head.
Maybe he should just tell her?
Desert sighed, "yes-yes. I am a Prince. But PLEASE don't tell anyone? I already ruined my cover."
Desert stiffened maybe that can help clear the confusion out of Mirage's mind. Maybe she could stop being tense and help him hide his true identity.
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Mirage's black tongue slipped from her maw-as if tasting the air-before returning to its proper place. She could only pause for a few moments, going over what this dragon had confessed. Or was it yet another lie? Her black-pearl necklace gave a sort of shine as she cocked her head. The sun carving at the end, however, emitted a dull gleam. Why did he even continue to stammer? 'Possibly a lie,' she calculated. 'If not, it would probably attempt to kill me if he wants to conceal it a secret. I haven't seen his eyes shift to attack...' Mirage shook herself oddly. "Why do you want to keep it a secret?" She finally asked.
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 5:59 pm

"Promise me you wouldn't tell anyone?" Desert shuffled. Will she really tell on him? Will his mother want a reward for his missing?
Sigh "Well, you see I'm the youngest of all my siblings and they all have their great things about them. They all have gifts from mom and dad, but not me. The rest of my age siblings were Still Born. Well one day I decided to do something very stupid and stole my mother's prize possession. ha ha, I mean it was so simple! It was her mother's animus touched stone of some kind. And I took it! Ha!"
Desert paused remembering the time where he simply went to his mother's room and gently got the gem. His heart was pounding fast and he laughed at that experience.
"But then my horrible uncle saw me with it and I didn't see the rest of it because I ran away. Pttah, and then I ruined my cover. I always pick pocketed dragons before, but never my mothers. Ha ha ha-Then I hid it! Ha, they'll never find it."
Desert paused. Where did he get this enthusiasm? Why was he telling this to a stranger. He figured that he'd done it again.
Three Moons! I did it again! Desert was not known for for telling secrets even though he pick pocketed his family members he stayed quiet about that. Why now is he letting out all his secrets? Was he just so tired of keeping secrets that he had to let it out? He was a lousy liar though and would just stumble when he would talk and over time his family thought of him as mentally disabled.

Maybe now he was tired of dragons thinking of him as "Disabled"
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Mirage listened as he explained his situation. Only when did he reach the part he had stolen from his own parent made uneasiness begin to prick at her shoulders. Once again, she tensed at her growing qualm of this newcomer. Each time he let out his own little chortle, she would blink. When he mentioned his family thought he had a mental disorder, she nearly laughed herself. This SandWing surely had a few signs of insanity... However, it could have simply been her imagination. She blinked once more, speechless. What could she say? Should she merely flee? She took an intake of breath, saying the first word that came to mind, "Interesting..." 'Should I distract him now? Draw out a new topic? What to do... What to do... Mirage, think!' "Are we nearly there?" She blurted.
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 6:32 pm

"Oh um…"
Desert looked around and said, "Yeah up ahead. Do you see?" Desert even squinted himself to see up ahead of him a dot. That's it! But then the dots became quicker than usual and he saw that it wasn't the den but three dragons.
It was his Uncle Cactus, and his two favorite guards!
"THIS WAY!?" before Mirage can react Desert flapped his wings and went in the opposite direction. He must not get captured. He will be treated badly. They would think that he was a Physcho! He flapped his wings super hard not bothering to look back at Mirage.
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 5:39 am

Mirage could tell by his expression something was wrong. All of the sudden he yelled, taking into the sky. However fast he was, Mirage was faster, ascending in pursuit. Her wings beat in a serene rhythm as she soared beside Desert. She glanced down, wondering what had roused him. Then she saw the three SandWings at a distance. Mirage considered all explanations of why he'd be worried of others from their tribe. Then it dawned on her. "That's your Uncle, isn't it?" She hissed softly. The other two she doubted she knew, yet one of them she was sure was Desert's relative. She touched her necklace before glancing at Desert. "I'll distract them," she told him softly. Mirage was uncertain if the advancing dragons would see two escalating SandWings... But still! She had to help this strange dragon.
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 7:33 am

Desert was surprised by her speed in flight and once she said she would distract them but how? There were three and only one. And why would this stranger try to help him? She will get crushed. His Uncle wasn't chosen to be the army commander for no reason. He trained Desert along with his father. Maybe he can help Mirage and fight with her. It would be his fault if she got hurt. But he went against his instincts and flew off away from Mirage and his Uncle.
He should go away. What if a stranger got killed? He wouldn't care.
But somehow deep inside he did a strange wanting to be with Mirage. Don't look back, Don't look back! He screamed inside his head.
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 8:30 am

Mirage cringed, watching Desert veer off away from her. Why was she helping him? Something about her training with the Elders echoed silently in her head. 'Help those in need.' The SandWing reached out once more to touch her necklace for good fortune before gliding to the three newcomers.
'Act calm, Mirage... You'll be all right. If one decides to attack, aim for a vulnerable spot... Take out the main dragon then flame the other two if I'm not killed in the process. Three moons, why did I volunteer to do this?!'
She gave a curt bow, her black optics flashing as she put on a normal smile. "Salutations good travelers! May I interest you in some artwork?" Mirage opened her satchel, fumbling for a finished carving. Mirage dragged out an etching of a SandWing- one she had fashioned the previous day. The dragon on which she had crafted was golden . Its maw was open in a roar, its wings fanned open in aggression. Its tail was curled over its head, preparing to strike. For the eyes, she had drilled two holes for sockets and had pushed two tiny black beads into the corresponding space. Mirage then proceeded to smile at them, awaiting to see what they would say.
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 6:39 pm

Desert was crushed. Will Mirage fight them? Was his Uncle attacking her?
He can see his Uncle's barb digging into her skull and almost yelped. He had to go back. Oblivious to what Mirage was doing he turned around ready to fight. He must help her and repay her for what he'd done for her. When the four SandWings came into view out of fear he screeched and went into an attack dive straight for his Uncle oblivious to what Mirage was doing.
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 11:02 am

Mirage perked her ears in alarm as she heard the ear-splitting sound overhead. She nearly dropped her carving, however, as fast as a snake, she snatched it up. Glancing toward the disturbance, the SandWing was both surprised and horrified to spot Desert barreling toward them. What was he doing here?! Weren't they going to catch him? What was she to do? Her tail instinctively raised in defense while her maw readied itself to breath heated flames. She looked nearly identical to the sculpted SandWing! 'If I target the skull, I may hit a horn giving them a chance to kill me... But if I aim for the chest, I'd likely get my barbed end lodged between a ribcage thus enabling the others to attack in ease.' She tensed her shoulders, preparing an assault. 'You have Desert,' she reminded herself. 'Two against three... The percentage of winning is slim. Maybe I can-" she broke off in her thoughts-which quite frankly was less then a second. 'Maybe I could make a sandstorm with my wings, blinding them for a few moments so we could get away! But Desert looks ready to attack. I doubt I can get my message to him in time. Three moons, why did he return!'
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:16 pm

At the corner of his eye Desert saw a quick glance of the calm SandWing showing her carving and then in a split second saw her rear up. She gave him a glare too but quickly went back into position. Was Desert distracting her? He couldn't know until he barreled right on his Uncle. He then grabbed Cactus' tail into his mouth and pulled hard and fast. He heard a crack and a scream. He then knew that he succeed an that his Uncle was wounded, "Why you son of a fox!" Cactus yelled soon Desert was on the ground wrestling with his Uncle. With his Uncle's tail limp it was harder for him to grab hold. Before Cactus could blow his fire Desert saw in a quick second a vulnerable spot in his stomach and wedged his barb in there. He didn't know how long it lasted with him under his Uncle's weight but soon his whole body crumbled on top of Desert.

Desert heaved a breath and pulled himself out from under his Uncle's dead body to see Mirage with two limp bodies by her side.
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:51 pm

Mirage knew the second Desert tackled his Uncle, her plan on fleeing was futile. Instead, she lunged at one of the guards before it could react, imbedding her poisonous tip against his chest. It gasped, crumbling to the ground in a lifeless heap. The other charged her, snarling in defiance. By fortune, she was able to evade its tail as it plummeted toward its target- her heart. The SandWing yelped in surprise as its barbed point secured itself into the ground. She took the chance to strike, driving her lethal tip into its temple. It collapsed onto its side, its fate the same as the other guard. Mirage dislodged her tail from the SandWing, breathing heavily. She bounced the bloodied carving in her talons before returning it safely into her satchel. Again, she took an intake of breath, raggedly this time. Mirage glanced up at Desert, suddenly noticing his Uncle's carcass. She was at a lost of words. How had they survived?! So the dragon summoned the only words she could say for the time being, "What now?"
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 4:38 pm

"I-I never thought I could kill a dragon." Desert breathed looking at his Uncle's dead body. "Anyway, what were you doing before I came?"
Desert breathed a deep sigh again.
"I thought you were in trouble."
Was Desert just being a smart-lizard or was Mirage really in trouble? Did Desert kill his Uncle needlessly?
"You weren't in trouble were you?"
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 5:06 pm

Mirage shifted her wings before flicking her left ear. "I was offering them a sculpture," she explained, eyeing him. "I really wasn't in need of rescuing..." Her talons reached out to one of the guard's body. She lifted its head, noticing where she drilled a hole into its temple. Mirage recoiled her grasp, allowing the head to return to the sand. 'Easy does it, Mirage,' she assured herself, searching for a dune. Upon spotting one, she beckoned to Desert before leaping toward the arch in the sand. Once there, she commenced digging. "If we bury the bodies, there's a high chance nobody would find them," she explained. "More so if we do it out here- in this stretch of land."
Back to top Go down
QueenClam
Admin
Admin
QueenClam

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 5:08 pm

"Wait" Desert sniffed over the bodies and dug into their bags and got all their valuables. He went to his Uncle and took off his earrings and jewels. "Um… Do you mind if I take these to my lair after we bury these bodies?"
Back to top Go down
SimplyMysty
Dragonet
Dragonet
SimplyMysty

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 5:15 pm

Mirage shrugged, somewhat amused by his suggestions. "I'm not stopping you," she stated rather simply. "However, you best hurry. We are in open space. Any dragon could easily spot this. And.." She stiffened, recalling something. She snapped her head skyward, her gaze narrowing at the time of day it was. "My brothers should be getting worried by now," she told Desert. "I'm sure they'll begin a search sooner or later!" Mirage delicately picked up one of the dragon's tail with her teeth-making sure the barbed point was not pointed anywhere near her- before dragging it toward one of the holes she had created.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting in the Sun   Sculpting in the Sun I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sculpting in the Sun
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wings of Fire RPG :: Pyrrhia :: Kingdom of Sand-
Jump to: